SEK Chatter

Go Back   SEK Chatter > sekCHATTER > Automotive

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!
rcbuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dumb or not?

Looks like an expensive feature. From my experience Volvo could better spend the money making the rest of the car better. jmo
So i vote dumb, at least for Volvo.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technolo...GVzdAM-;_ylv=3
Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Ace Kadet
Pokes With Stick

Ace Kadet is an unknown quantity at this point

The Vo I had was built like a tank. It liked to rust, but I looked at it like a snake shedding it's skin, there was a whole lot more snake under the skin. The engine was ok, and it was laborious - I mean fun to drive, honestly don't remember why I got rid of it. Oh yeah, 83 Vanagon Campmobile Westy. STILL trying to figure why I sold that. Looked at the prices recently, hoping to recapture some of my youth. That ain't gonna happen. Woof.
Ace Kadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
Creek Rat

Creek Rat is an unknown quantity at this point

Pedestrian airbags? Sounds like an OK idea but my rig runs 5500 lbs so even if the bumper doesn't get you the wheels sure will.
Creek Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Ace Kadet
Pokes With Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Rat View Post
Pedestrian airbags? Sounds like an OK idea but my rig runs 5500 lbs so even if the bumper doesn't get you the wheels sure will.
A practically three ton commuter vehicle... Those airbags should send them a block down the road, then you can get them with the tires.

What's the last load you hailed in the back of that thing, Rat?

Last edited by Ace Kadet; 03-09-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!

One friend had a mid 80s Volvo he had nothing but trouble with it. It had EFI and it would never start.

My Korean friend has the V70 wagon (i think thats the model) it has had multiple problems. The one i like is like 1959 or 1960. Sorta looks like a 1940 ford sedan.

So it is proven that the windshield is the killer in a ped v vehicle accident? Looks like it might bounce you up to the top. The cost of airbag replacement is a major factor in crash repair now that they are in the seats, stg. wheel and dash.Usually wipes the Bcm at the same time too.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Ace Kadet
Pokes With Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbuff View Post
One friend had a mid 80s Volvo he had nothing but trouble with it. It had EFI and it would never start.

My Korean friend has the V70 wagon (i think thats the model) it has had multiple problems. The one i like is like 1959 or 1960. Sorta looks like a 1940 ford sedan.

So it is proven that the windshield is the killer in a ped v vehicle accident? Looks like it might bounce you up to the top. The cost of airbag replacement is a major factor in crash repair now that they are in the seats, stg. wheel and dash.Usually wipes the Bcm at the same time too.
With these bags, the secret is to NOT replace them. Let them hang out under the grill, serve as a warning. You wanna get hit by THIS?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Creek Rat

Creek Rat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Kadet View Post
A practically three ton commuter vehicle... Those airbags should send them a block down the road, then you can get them with the tires.

It's all about the potential, I'm saving it up for something big!
Creek Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!

Quote:
With these bags, the secret is to NOT replace them. Let them hang out under the grill, serve as a warning. You wanna get hit by THIS?
Oh i got ya. I thought the blood and hair would have done the trick.I see your point, one could see that baby flapping for a mile.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!

Quote:

Ya know, there was some doubt, but now im certian. Yer nuts. lol