SEK Chatter

Go Back   SEK Chatter > sekCHATTER > General Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!
rcbuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Vince Wade a reliable source?

Is Vince Wade a reliable source? I received an email from a co-worker that revealed some disturbing news about our country's relationship and big businesses connections to China.

I checked out several youtube videos of Wades and all seem critical of connections to china. Anyone familiar with this guy and his work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo
Old 05-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Creek Rat

Creek Rat is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick Google reveals this as typical tinfoil hat BS.

Can you please try to keep your garbage in the Politics section so I can ignore them easier?
Creek Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Don
Reluctant Ontologist

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Rat View Post

Can you please try to keep your garbage in the Politics section so I can ignore them easier?
I don't believe he was being political, the way it looked to me is RC was asking if: "Vince Wade is a reliable source".

I would have to say I know nothing about Vince Wade, or his veracity concerning statements like this.

There is a Vince Wade listed as a past “investigative reporter”, with WJBK-TV in Detroit Michigan… as to whether this is the same Vince Wade or not is not something I am aware of.

As for the commentary Wade delivers, IMO it is probably just more propaganda, like so much we see floating around now days - but it would certainly be something for people to consider and do a little independent research on if anyone is interested and so inclined.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Creek Rat

So it was easier to post here asking for people's opinion on a complete stranger than to do a quick Google search on the guy?

The first two links returned are about Peak Oil and the "Chinafication of America". Please don't try to tell me as often as rcbuff posts political nonsense he didn't know what this jerk was all about and certainly knows how to search on google.

The Pentagon Fears Peak Oil and War with China at Vince Wade

www.vincewadeusa.com/?p=85Apr 23, 2010 A recent Pentagon analysis of the world's supply of oil foresees dark days ahead a lot fewer traffic jams and the potential for armed confict ...
The Chinafication of America at Vince Wade

www.vincewadeusa.com/?p=367May 30, 2011 The Chinafication of America is about to intensify. This summer the nation's governors are going to step up their pleading for Chinese business ...
Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Rat View Post

Thank you for your "typical" and expected response. And I shall ask the forum gods in my prayers tonight, if you are a reliable source concerning your suggestions. But thanks just the same.

Would you care to share the search results or a link that lead you to your conclusion?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Creek Rat

I kinda did if you'd read post #4.

As for "typical" or "expected" posts I repeat my request. Please keep your partisan ramblings in the Politics section so I can more easily ignore them. If you'd like to discuss the weather or your favorite type of classic car I'd gladly join in on the polite discussion.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!

A recent Pentagon analysis of the world’s supply of oil foresees dark days ahead – a lot fewer traffic jams – and the potential for armed conflict with China over black gold. So, your conclusion was drawn from this?

From the articles you posted, the ones I have read and the videos I watched this guy is critical of anyone of any political affiliation that does business with China. He has gone after Gov.Rick Perry (R) Texas,Governor Mitch Daniels,(R)Indiana, Obama and others.

That concentrated focus on China is my reason for questioning his authenticity, also the reason for my interest.

I do see that in the first link you listed that the information he based claims on, "JOE analysis", never materialized.
Quote:
“By 2012, surplus oil production capacity could entirely disappear, and as early as 2015, the shortfall in output could reach nearly 10 million barrels per day
I still haven't read anything that disputes his position. His analysis of the information may be off target at times but until I discover more I wont pass judgment on him.

Just curious, please point out my "partisan ramblings" in this thread.

By the way,no reason for you to ever read or respond to one of my posts. Its a choice you made 3 times in this thread.

Last edited by rcbuff; 05-27-2012 at 09:39 PM.
rcbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!

note to self:

General Discussion (10 Viewing)
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
rcbuff

Asteroids Champion!

edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
As for the commentary Wade delivers, IMO it is probably just more propaganda, like so much we see floating around now days - but it would certainly be something for people to consider and do a little independent research on if anyone is interested and so inclined.
I do have concerns about China and the influence they may possess that could impact our economy. If GM is making such disloyal movements after the taxpayer bail out they received, it indicates that contingencies need to be in place to protect American jobs for a period of time after repayment, should any future aid to big business become necessary.

As I said, I had never heard of this guy and if he proves to be a nut job... with some goofball agenda, so be it.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
Ace Kadet
Pokes With Stick

Ace Kadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Fairly accurate, albeit alarmist, about the pipeline concerns, then the xenophibic anti-Comrade stuff kicks in. I'm sure Stampie will sort this out for us. My mother mentioned this, but she mostly gets her news from Jack Van Empty...

Mom, don't listen to that crap. Come on, how about Faux Neuz for a change?

They're a bunch of Liberal boobs.

*sigh*

Last edited by Ace Kadet; 05-27-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Ace Kadet is offline   Reply With Quote